Fairies are all around us. They are hidden in the trees, under ferns, and ride the backs of songbirds. They can be mischievous and playful but they can also be there to guide us if we listen. We must always be open to listen. This is a sweet treat the Fairies will love.
At Beltane, the veil between our world and theirs is the thinnest. With bare feet (if possible) go out to a tree, a shrub, or just a patch of Earth. Find a large leaf and spoon some of this sweet mixture onto the leaf.
Take a moment and offer the Fey creatures this treat. Then find a cozy spot in the same yard to eat your ice cream topped in this decadent berry mixture. If you stay very still and quiet you may actually see those nature spirits come to collect their portion of your offering.
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup mini dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup dried cherries or cranberries
- vanilla or chocolate ice cream
- Combine fresh blueberries, raspberries and blackberries in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl combine the other ingredients.
- Gently toss almonds, coconut, choc chips, and dried cherries with fresh berries.
- Serve over Vanilla or Chocolate ice cream.