Quinoa was known in Ancient times as the mother of all grains. Nourishing the body as well as the soul, quinoa comforts our hearts with mothering energy and fills our tummies with protein and fiber. Combined in this salad with other fantastic spring foods like asparagus (which was known in ancient Greece and Rome to have aphrodisiac properties), cherries, and almonds. This simple salad packs a punch of spring flavors with all the tastes of the season to come.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (cooked to package instructions)
- 2 cups raw asparagus cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 TBSP Cucina Aurora Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup dried cherries
- 1 TBSP sweet vinegar, such as Champagne or raspberry
- In a medium skillet, heat oil and sauté asparagus slightly until warm, but not cooked all the way through, about 2 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients and toss to coat with vinegar and any oil left over from the pan. Enjoy warm or at room temperature.