** AS SEEN ON WMUR, Cook’s Corner***
Spring brings with it the magic of rebirth. Even though Spring really begins at Imbolc, it is at Ostara that we can really see the transformation around us.
This salad is a wonderful way to remind ourselves of the magic of new life. The Birds Nest is something we can only hope to glimpse in the wood. Making these salads is fun and great for helping to remember the new life right around the corner and just out your back door!
- 1 package spring mix salad greens
- 1 package alfalfa sprouts
- 1 package grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup blanched chopped almonds
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 grilled chicken cutlets (Cut into bitesize peices)
- Cucina Aurora Zesty Lemon Infused Olive Oil
- Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar
- Crumbled Goat Cheese *optional*
- On individual salad plates create a low bed with the spring mix salad greens.
- Arrange the sprouts atop the salad greens in the shape of a nest with a small hollow in the middle.
- Place 3-4 grape tomatoes in the center of the “nest”. Sprinkle with a handful of almonds and blueberries.
- Drizzle with Zesty Lemon Oil and then with Raspberry Balsamic vinegar.
- Repeat for as many times as you need to serve each guest and individual nest salad.