*** AS SEEN ON WMUR COOK’S CORNER ***
Taco night is the best night of the week! I could eat tacos in all their forms all the time. This version of vegetarian tacos is simple, spicy, savory and satisfying. With the hearty black beans you won’t even miss the meat. Try these for a fun and delicious meatless meal! Try your own variations like pineapple salsa, chopped fresh tomatoes, or cool down the heat with a little sour cream or low fat ranch dressing.
- 2-3 Tablespoons Cucina Aurora Hot Pepper Infused Olive Oil
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 large red onion, cut into strips
- 1 head broccoli (florets only)
- 1 cup shredded low fat cheddar cheese
- 2 cups baby spinach or spring mix salad mix
- 8oz can refried black beans
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 12 hard or soft taco shells
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat vegetables in Hot Pepper Olive oil and roast for 15 minutes, or until just charred along the edges.
- Meanwhile, heat re-fried beans in the microwave.
- Build tacos by layering beans, spinach roasted veggies, and cheese, and top with avocados.
- Serve warm and enjoy!