I’m a bit of a Taco-holic! With our Hot Pepper Oil, I just keep finding uses for it and these Tacos are the perfect balance of spicy, cool, sweet and tangy. They are refreshing and satisfying without being greasy or heavy. You can prep everything ahead of time and just throw the shrimp on the grill for a build your own taco party. Perfect for your Fourth of July celebration.
- 2 lbs. raw shrimp, skinned and de-veined
- 2 Tbsp Cucina Aurora Hot Pepper infused olive oil
- Juice from one lime
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Fresh Corn & Pineapple salsa (recipe to follow)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 8 soft corn or flour tortillas
- 1 ripe avocado sliced
- 1 package frozen corn kernels
- 2 ripe yellow tomatoes, chopped small
- 1 cup minced fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup sweet Vidalia onion
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 tsp hot green jalapeno sauce (optional)
- Coarse ground sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Place shrimp in a large dish or baking pan and cover with Hot Pepper Olive Oil and lime juice. Let marinate in refrigerator for at least one hour or overnight.
- Prepare salsa by combining all salsa ingredients in a medium bowl and set in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Using large wooden or metal kabob skewers, skewer shrimp no more than 6 on each skewer.
- Reserve marinade. Heat grill to medium high heat. Grill shrimp until pink, about 3-5 minutes on each side, brushing periodically with reserved marinade.
- When shrimp is cooked, build the tacos one at a time. Starting with cooked shrimp and layering with pineapple salsa, shredded cheese, lettuce and avocado. Enjoy!