My life is constantly on the go. I don’t spend many mornings having family breakfasts, so when I do get the chance to sleep a little late on a Sunday afternoon and find myself with a day off, a big breakfast is almost always in order!
My father was the KING of omelettes. Taking whatever the fridge had to offer in the way of leftovers, he would create a masterpiece of flavor and texture wrapped in fluffy fresh eggs that could wake you out of the deepest sleep and call you to the breakfast table against your will. I’m pretty sure this one would make him proud. It is full of mozzarella cheese, roasted peppers, savory chicken sausage, and a hint of spicy hot pepper. Pair it with toast and a strong cup of coffee and you will find your new favorite breakfast!
Don’t worry if you omelette does not have the perfect omelette look to it…mine fall apart all the time… it tastes just as great as a scramble!
- 2 Eggs
- splash of milk
- 1/2 roasted red pepper (chopped fine)
- 1 link of Italian chicken sausage, crumbled or chopped fine
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons Cucina Aurora Hot Pepper Oil
- In a small skillet coat the pan with Hot Pepper oil on medium high heat.
- Add sausage, and peppers and heat through sautéing lightly about 3 minutes.
- Whisk together eggs and milk.
- Pour egg mixture into the skillet to coat the pan. Let eggs set in the pan.
- Add mozzarella cheese and gently fold eggs over to create a half moon shape.
- Cook until outside is slightly browned and eggs have set and are not runny.
- Carefully flip omelette onto plate and enjoy hot!