AS SEEN ON WMUR’S COOKS CORNER
Spicy and savory, this is an easy recipe that looks fancy, tastes like you cooked for hours, and is perfect for turning up the heat this Valentine’s Day. Tomatoes are a traditional love food, being thought of in France and Italy for generations to have aphrodisiac properties. When we combine this with the spice of the Hot Pepper Oil and the tender shrimp, this recipe will be sure to heat up any romance. If you don’t like shrimp, you can substitute with chunks of chicken.
*Note* Serve this over your favorite pasta or Gluten Free pasta.
- 1 lb Jumbo Shrimp Cooked, shelled, tail on (Frozen – fully thawed)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 TBSP Cucina Aurora Hot Pepper Infused Olive Oil
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- Fresh Parsley
- Fresh Basil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- *Crushed Red Pepper* optional
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet and add onions and garlic. Sauté until tender and onion is translucent.
- Add crushed tomatoes, basil and parsley.
- Simmer for 20 minutes on medium low heat.
- Make sure shrimp is fully thawed.
- Add shrimp and simmer an additional 2 to 3 minutes until shrimp is warm.
- Serve over your favorite pasta, garnished with grated Romano cheese and sprinkled with extra crushed red pepper if desired.