The perfect pairing of prosperity power and pumpkin! Risotto is an Italian rice that has the capacity to hold a large amount of liquid, which gives it a creamy texture.
Combine it here with the smooth, nutty flavor of pumpkin and the hearty, woody flavor of mushrooms. Not only will you tap into the prosperity power of the rice, but you can be sure your guests will love the combination of flavors.
- 1 oz dried wild mushrooms (optional)
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 Tbsp Cucina Aurora Savory Sage infused Olive Oil
- ½ onion, finley minced
- 1 ½ cups Arborio rice
- 4 cups hot chicken broth
- 1 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- ½ cup grated Romano cheese
- If using Mushrooms: Combine mushrooms and water and set aside at least 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat and cook onion until softened. Add rice and stir to coat. About 1 minute.
- Add ½ cup broth and stir until broth has been absorbed. Add broth ½ cup at a time stirring.
- After about 15 minutes add pumpkin and stir until blended.
- Drain the mushrooms reserving liquid.
- Chop the mushrooms and cook with 1 Tbsp butter until hot.
- Add ½ cup mushroom liquid to risotto and stir to blend.
- Add cheese and stir to just blended.
- Spoon to serving dish and top with mushrooms. Serve warm.