Yes, of course the tomatoes here are a Love food and it is very wonderful to use that magical property. However, being that this is a Midsummer recipe, the focus is on the fresh herbs. Herbs are at their height of magical potency at midsummer. The magic here begins when you harvest these fresh herbs. If you have them in your own garden wait until just before cooking to harvest them.
If you are buying them from a local market, store them in small glasses of water for about a day on your alter to revive any magic in them that may have been lost on their way to your kitchen. As you add each herb one at a time to this sauce thank each herb for it’s magical properties and say:
- Garden Herb, kissed by Moonlight and nurtured in Sunlight
- Basil, I thank you
- Prosperity to my hand
- Parsley, I thank you
- Purification to my spirit
- Oregano, I thank you
- Peace to my restless mind
- By the Mother Moon and Father Sun
So Mote it Be.
- 1 16oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 16oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 4oz can tomato sauce
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 1 half sweet Vidalia onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic diced fine
- 1/2 cup EACH fresh basil, parsley, oregano
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet heat olive oil. Add onion and garlic. Let cook until onion is tender.
- Add diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, and tomato sauce.
- Add all herbs and salt and pepper. Stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Lower heat to a simmer and let sauce cook down for about 30 min to an hour stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot atop your favorite pasta.