Most people don’t know this…but I have a total grilled cheese obsession. As a person who has a gluten allergy I can almost never get one of those fancy panini grilled cheese sandwiches out in the world, so I have to come up with my own. And here is my fav for fall…so easy and so toasty. Using Rosemary Oil in the pan instead of butter really gives this sandwich a taste of all things fall. You can use gluten free bread or whatever kind of bread you have laying around, and you can make as many of these as you have ingredients for or just one for yourself.
- 2 Tablespoons Cucina Aurora Rosemary Oregano Infused Olive Oil
- 4 slices bread of your choice (gluten free or whole wheat works great with this)
- 4 -6 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 granny smith apple, sliced thin
- 2 slices organic ham (or 4 slices bacon)
- Red onion, sliced thin
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil on low-medium heat.
- Lay four slices of bread flat in the pan and make sure they are all coated with Olive Oil (on the pan side).
- On each slice of bread, place one slice of cheese. When the cheese just begins to melt, stack ham, apples, and onions on top of melted cheese and flip one slice of bread onto the other. Continue to cook flipping every couple of minutes until the bread is desired color and texture.