Spice up your night Cajun Style with Blackened Chicken!
The secret to perfect blackened chicken is the searing process before you bake it! Serve this easy chicken over salad greens with avocados on top, or on a bed of polenta. Personally I like to serve it on a tasty roll with ranch dressing, spinach and some guacamole! You can also use this recipe for Blackened Salmon or Grilled Shrimp!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken cutlets
- 2 TBSP Ground Chipotle pepper
- 2 TBSP Paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp parsley
- 2 TBSP Cucina Aurora Hot Pepper Oil
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and spray baking sheet with cooking spray. Combine chipotle, paprika, salt, pepper, cumin, white pepper, and parsley and 1 teaspoon Hot Pepper olive oil in a medium size bowl.
- Coat each chicken cutlet in the Blackened seasoning mixture. Heat DRY skillet to medium high heat. (VERY IMPORTANT TO MAKE SURE THE SKILLET IS HOT)
- Sear chicken 2-3 minutes on each side to seal in juices. Place on prepared baking sheet and bake at 350 for an additional 10 minutes until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
- Enjoy along side your favorite side dish or over salad or as a sandwich!