Corn is abundant at Lammas. It is not just a wonderful seasonal food, its energy celebrates the God in all his fiery glory. The shape of corn is masculine and its color represents the golden, life giving Sun. Corn is a symbol of the cycles of life and eternity. Try these easy ways to enjoy corn in a new way for this time of year!
- 1 package frozen corn kernels
- 2 ripe tomatoes, chopped small
- 1 cup minced fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup sweet Vidalia onion
- 2 chopped green onions
- 4 oz canned tomato sauce
- 1/4 tsp hot green jalapeno sauce (optional)
- coarse ground sea salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix well. Chill at lease one hour. Serve with blue corn chips.