AS SEEN ON WMUR’S COOKS CORNER
It’s fall and time for everything pumpkin. But let’s be honest, it’s not the pumpkin we love, but the cinnamon, nutmeg and other spices that give us that warm and cozy feeling. With these sweet treats, you can have your cake and spices too!
The moist and rich chocolate cake is kissed with all your favorite fall spices, and we use our one of a kind Chocolate Cinnamon Dessert Mix to warm up a classic cream cheese frosting.
No tricks this Halloween, all treats…!
For the Cake:
- 1 package of Chocolate Cake Mix (or Gluten Free chocolate cake mix)
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 15oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 TBSP cinnamon
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp allspice
For the Frosting:
- 2 8oz packages cream cheese (softened)
- ¼ cup butter (softened)
- 3 ½ cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 package Cucina Aurora Chocolate Cinnamon Dessert mix
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix cake mix, pumpkin, eggs, oil and spices together until well combined. Divide into cupcake cups, or one 8” round cake pan.
- Bake until cake bounces back when lightly pressed, and toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Set on wire rack to cool. Cool completely before frosting.
For the frosting:
In a large bowl, cream together the softened Cream Cheese, butter, and vanilla with an electric mixer on low speed. Gradually add the confectioners’ sugar one cup at a time, while blending. Add the Chocolate Cinnamon Dessert Dip and blend until texture is smooth and creamy. For formal look, spoon into pastry bag with decorative tip and pipe onto cupcakes. For rustic look, use a butter knife or cake spatula to cover cakes in frosting. Dust with Pumpkin Pie Spice.