BACON!!!! Oh yes, I said it…BACON!
People are always asking me what they can use our Hot Pepper Oil for…well this crispy, spicy, ooey gooey, bacon grilled cheese sandwich with NOT disappoint. You can make a ton for game night, or just one with a cup of soup on a cold day. Sliced Gouda is available in most grocery deli cases but if you can’t find, it just double up on the cheddar, or try another creamy cheese, like Gruyere or Swiss. You can use Gluten Free bread (I suggest Schar’s Deli Style Sourdough), or leave out the bacon to make this vegetarian.
- 4-6 slices sourdough bread (or GF Sourdough Bread)
- Sliced Cheddar Cheese
- Sliced Smoked Gouda Cheese
- 1 lb Bacon, cooked crispy
- 1-3 Tablespoons Cucina Aurora Hot Pepper Olive Oil
- Heat a medium skillet or griddle pan to medium heat.
- Lightly coat pan with Hot Pepper Oil.
- Lay 2 slices of bread in pan, making sure they are slightly coated with oil on the pan side.
- On one slice, lay 2-3 slices of cheddar, on the other slice, lay 2-3 slices of gouda.
- When the cheese begins to melt slightly, layer bacon on one side only, flipping the other slice of bread cheese side down on top of the bacon side.
- Flip until cheese is melted through and the outer bread on the sandwich is desired crispness.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.