I’m going to make a confession…I love take out.
Yes, I know…I’m “the Kitchen Witch,” and I’m the first one to say that cooking is so important and the intentions you put in your food are the most important ingredients you can add…love is key! What to do when you want some take out flavor, still want to add the love, but skip the artificial ingredients and the delivery charge?
Here ya go! Easy chicken teriyaki with broccoli…surprisingly tasty, and even better than take out because you made it with love! Try it and let me know what you think!
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, cut up into bite-size pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger *optional (or 1 teaspoon ground ginger)
- 1 cup Tamari (gluten free soy sauce) or regular soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons Cucina Aurora Hot Pepper Infused Olive Oil
- Chopped fresh green onions
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Fresh steamed broccoli
- **OPTIONAL ** Spicy Mayo *see recipe
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Cucina Aurora Hot Pepper Infused Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
*If you are doubling this recipe, it is suggested to use a blender to mix ingredients well.
- In a large skillet, heat Hot Pepper Oil and add chicken to cook with garlic and ginger until chicken is mostly cooked through.
- Add Tamari or Soy, brown sugar, and honey. Lower heat and cook until liquid begins to boil and sauce begins to thicken.
- Meanwhile, make the spicy mayo: in a medium bowl, whisk together mayo, hot pepper oil, and cayenne pepper.
- When the sauce is reduced by about half, remove chicken from heat and spoon on top of rice, alongside steamed broccoli. Drizzle extra sauce on top of chicken and broccoli. If desired, drizzle spicy mayo on top and finish with chopped green onions.