For whatever reason, to me, chicken salad says spring. I am always looking forward to picnic season and chicken salad seems to be such a great picnic food to me. If I’m being entirely honest, when I am traveling and doing events, this chicken salad saves my butt. It is protein packed and super delicious. When it is just out of the fridge or the cooler I find it so refreshing on a hot day. Try it in lettuce wraps, or on toast, it is even great with crackers.
- 2 lbs shredded chicken (or canned chicken drained)
- 2 ribs celery (chopped)
- 1/2 red onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup mayo (more if you prefer…you can also split the amount of mayo with Greek yogurt)
- 1 Tablespoon brown mustard
- about 1 cup sliced seedless grapes
- 1 cup whole pecans
- 1-2 Tablespoons Cucina Aurora Veggie Dill Mix
- *If making lettuce wraps, you will need 1 head of Boston Bib Lettuce, some shredded carrots and bean sprouts* (optional)
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Serve with crackers, lettuce wraps, or on toast…or just out of the bowl.
Refrigerate for up to one week.