Every year for Thanksgiving I ask my mother what she would like me to bring and every year it is the same “Can you bring those sprouts you make?” Of course she is referring to the caramelized Brussels sprouts I make with just a little bacon cooked in Cucina Aurora Roasted Garlic Oil. This easy side dish is the only thing there is never left overs of!
We have done a few variations of this recipe. In an older video we added Shallots for a little sweetness, more recently on WMUR’s Cooks Corner, we omitted the shallots and just let the bacon and garlic cook down with the sprouts. Either way, you choose to enjoy this recipe it is delicious and super simple!
***AS SEEN ON WMUR NEWS 9 COOKS CORNER***
- 1 lb FRESH Brussels Sprouts
- 3 slices bacon (preferably organic and no nitrates), cut into small pieces
- 2 large shallots, sliced
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 3 TBSP Cucina Aurora Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- Rinse and cut each sprout in half length wise.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil.
- Cook bacon until just tender.
- Add garlic and shallots and let them cook, sauteeing so they do not stick to bottom of pan, for 1-2 minutes or until just tender.
- Add sprouts in an even layer in the pan.
- Cook tossing every few minutes to allow sprouts to brown on the cut side, about 15 minutes.
- Remove to serving dish and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately and Enjoy!