With crisp lettuce, garlic Caesar dressing, and a warm seasoned turkey patty, these tasty, hearty burgers are a great way to lighten up your summer dinner table. Double the recipe for enough for your whole party or make tiny patties for the perfect refreshing sliders!
- 1 lb. ground turkey meat
- ¼ cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 tsp Cucina Aurora Garlic and Herb dip mix
- Four slices sharp provolone cheese
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, chopped and rinsed
- 4 whole wheat burger buns or gluten-free burger buns
- “Best” Caesar Dressing (see instructions below)
“Best” Caesar Dressing: ½ cup mayonnaise, 2 Tbsp olive oil, 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar, 1 clove fresh garlic, 1 Tbsp grated Romano Cheese, juice from one half lemon, fresh ground or coarse ground black pepper. Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and mix on high until well combined. Use immediately or refrigerate for up to one week.
- Heat grill to medium high heat.
- In a large bowl knead together turkey meat, Romano cheese, and Garlic and Herb dip mix until well combined. Form into 4 patties, about ¼ lb each. Set aside in refrigerator until ready to grill.
- In a large bowl, toss lettuce with desired amount of dressing until evenly coated.
- Grill burgers on prepared grill until cooked through (about 3-5 minutes on each side). Just before removing from grill top each burger with one cheese slice.
- Layer a burger bun with dressed salad. Place burger on top and then top with sliced tomato if desired.
- Enjoy warm.