Spring is time for big brunches! We open up the windows and ease back into things like entertaining, and enjoy light and seasonal faire. This is a big twist on all things brunchy. I must confess, I love brunches and often have a hard time finding things that are Gluten free, savory and exciting. This recipe hits all those notes and more! It makes a pretty badass dinner too…just sayin’.
Check out us making these goodies on WMUR Cooks Corner!
For the waffle:
- 6oz lump crab meat
- ½ cup thawed frozen shredded potatoes
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 3 TBSP Mayonnaise
- I teaspoon Cucina Aurora Veggie Dill Dip
- 1 egg
- Pinch salt and pepper
For the Rémoulade:
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 TBSP Ketchup
- 1 TBSP Mustard
- 1 tsp Cucina Aurora Hot Pepper Oil
- Garlic, parsley and lemon juice to taste
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients for waffle. Form into patties and place on hot waffle iron. Cook to desired crispness.
- Meanwhile make the remoulade by mixing all ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate pan, fry an egg until center is almost set.
- Remove waffle from waffle iron and top with rémoulade, then egg and chopped green onions.
- Serve with lightly steamed asparagus and enjoy!