Fresh vegetables are hard to come by in the winter time, but we find them in abundance in the frozen section of the grocery store. Some farmers markets head right into the winter months with frozen veggies from local growers. Maybe you even have some saved in your freezer from your own backyard bounty. Enjoy them now as we shake off the cold winter to remind yourself of warmer days and eat healthy right through the winter!
Feel free to mix and match veggies with this recipe. It’s fast and healthy. Try it with whole wheat pasta and toasted walnuts for extra fiber and protein.
- 2 lbs. cooked tail-on shrimp
- 3 Tbsp. Cucina Aurora Garlic Oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 lemon
- 8 oz. broccoli (Fresh or frozen)
- 1 8 oz. package frozen peas
- 1 oz. package frozen red peppers
- 1/2 lb. dried linguine pasta
- In a large sauce pot, boil water and cook pasta to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium high heat, heat oil, and add minced garlic just until it starts to sweat, about 3 minutes. Do not brown.
- Add all veggies until just softened, about 5-7 minutes. Add shrimp and heat through, about 2-3 minutes.
- Squeeze lemon into shrimp and veggie mixture and sauté another 30 seconds to a minute.
- Drain pasta and toss with Shrimp and Veggie mixture.
- Top with a light sprinkling of grated Romano cheese and serve hot. ENJOY!