This dessert is simple and uses another one of Autumn’s seasonal fruits, Pear. Pear is a not only a delicious fruit with a mild and sweet texture, but is a welcome change from the Apple desserts we are all used to seeing at this time of year.
Pear’s shape is reminiscent of the female form. As you slice these pears remember that you should love your curves or the curves of one you love.
- 1 package ready roll pie crust
- 4 large pears, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 TBSP flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Heat oven to 425.
- Roll out pie crust. Using a round 3 inch round cookie cutter cut out circles from dough.
- Transfer to ungreased baking sheet.
- Gently toss pear slices, sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt in a large bowl.
- Arrange 5-6 pear slices, fanning and overlapping on each of the round dough cut outs.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of sugar. Bake for 30 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and pears are tender.