Tomatoes are at the height in summer. Huge red fruits that weigh down the vines, which grew them. Abundant and fresh they embody friendship and love energy.
The garlic wraps them in protection. This refreshing summer appetizer protects the friendships we have, the love we will have, and helps us to except love and friendship into our lives.
I demonstrated the preparation of this delightful dish at a Workshop in Maryland at the Crystal Fox, and I am happy to say that I made many friends that day and I hope to protect and hold close those friendships for a long time.
- 8 ripe tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic minced fine
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- 2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 TBSP Dried or Fresh Chopped Parsley
- Course Sea Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Grated Romano Cheese (optional)
- 2 TBSP Cucina Aurora Infused Olive Oil Roasted Garlic (Substitute regular olive oil if necessary)
- Dice 4 tomatoes in their entirety, and place in medium bowl.
- Dice the other 4 tomatoes, being sure to extract the seeds and inner flesh, and place them in bowl. Combine minced garlic with tomatoes.
- Dice or chop Basil to desired texture. Add to tomato and garlic mixture. Stir in remaining ingredients and be sure to coat well with olive oil and cheese.
- Chill at least 2 hours for flavors to set. Serve on toasted Italian bread.